Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Chumburro2U
macrumors 6502

is iTunes lying to me?

I have 5,395 songs in iTunes 11. My iPhone states that I have 6,050 songs. I have iTunes Match turned on. My iPhone used to state that I had over 11 GB of free space left, but now it states that I have 4.9 GB of free space. What gives? I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1 Any info on how to get my free space back and for iTunes and my iPhone to state the correct number of songs. Thanks for any info in advance.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:07 PM   #2
chestvrg
macrumors 6502a

Sometimes iTunes stores other type of media files such as windows system file sound in many different formats or ringtones from third party programs and counts them as songs. I myself have like 100+ of such files, including mp3 ringtones and other system files that bad been stored on my computer for many years.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:55 PM   #3
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumburro2U View Post
I have 5,395 songs in iTunes 11. My iPhone states that I have 6,050 songs. I have iTunes Match turned on. My iPhone used to state that I had over 11 GB of free space left, but now it states that I have 4.9 GB of free space. What gives? I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1 Any info on how to get my free space back and for iTunes and my iPhone to state the correct number of songs. Thanks for any info in advance.
For the free space on the phone, did you have any music synced to the phone before turning match on. If you did you will need to use iTunes to "un-sync" that music. Then cycle match off and then back on (on your phone).

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone