Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gamoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
I recently updated to the latest Apple TV software. Now, I can't find "Recently Watched" in the Netflix app. Has this just gone with the update? It makes Netflix on the Apple TV a lot less usable now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's suddenly back...

Last edited:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I recently updated to the latest Apple TV software. Now, I can't find "Recently Watched" in the Netflix app. Has this just gone with the update? It makes Netflix on the Apple TV a lot less usable now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's suddenly back...

It also very occasionally disappears on my Roku. Powering it off then on fixes the problem.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
It also very occasionally disappears on my Roku. Powering it off then on fixes the problem.

This. It will also disappear from my Samsung Smart TV app sometimes as well.. Its a bit annoying but normally re-launching the app will fix it, or if not then turning the TV off then back on will.

Annoying Netflix bugs...

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
I've experienced this problem occasionally also. It's a problem with Netflix not delivering the recently watched data to your device. From my experience, it's a problem with the Netflix servers, not with your device. (I've experienced the same problem simultaneously on multiple devices only to have it fixed within hours.)

andyfu

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Just be patient

I lost "Recently Watched" after updating the software on my Apple TV. I called Netflix, but they were unable to help. They did not know if this was a glitch or a feature of the update. I tried completely restoring the Apple TV (including another download of the software) but that did not fix the problem. So I gave up and went to bed. The next morning when the Apple TV was turned on "Recently Watched" had returned. So given my experience and the comments above the best course of action seems to be no action, but rather patience, which is not the answer you usually want when your device is not functioning properly.

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
I agree it's an issue with the Netflix remote servers. I've had this issue come and go a few times over the past 2 years, but tonight I tried the restart your device trick - in my case Apple TV - to no avail.

The solution to this issue is to wait it out. It's usually fixed in a few hours. Go take a break: read a book or talk to a random hot girl on the street.

Rushli0n

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2012
Netflix on my ATV3 has been really flaky lately. We are getting "Netflix is down" message quite a bit. Only thing that fixes is a Restart of the machine. Oddly enough, this doesn't appear to be happening on my ATV2.

Garsun

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2009
I agree it's an issue with the Netflix remote servers. I've had this issue come and go a few times over the past 2 years, but tonight I tried the restart your device trick - in my case Apple TV - to no avail.

The solution to this issue is to wait it out. It's usually fixed in a few hours. Go take a break: read a book or talk to a random hot girl on the street.

Well, it's been missing about a week so far for me and it still has not returned.
Do not know if it has something to do with the new profiles or not.
I somehow now have two profiles, one is mine and one came out of no where.

Garsun

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2009
It magically reappeared with no action on my part. It was missing this afternoon and tonight it's back. I guess complaining on MacRumors was the cure:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.