Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1
balbrt1
macrumors newbie

IPhone 4S and the Att Microcell

Not only am I getting my first iphone tomorrow but I use a microcell at my home. otherwise I do not have enough bars to use my cell phone. I've had it for 2 yrs and works great on a Motorola andriod phone. 5 bars all of the time. I am just worried about it not working with the iphone. Has anyone else been able to use a microcell with their iphone? If you have a work around could you post it for me? thank you so much...i
balbrt1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Goodeye
macrumors 6502a

Yep it works great with the iPhone. I got one in my house and my iPhone 5 works on it perfectly as well as my wife's iPhone 4S.

What you'll notice is the AT&T carrier name in the top left will change to say AT&T M-Cell when connected to it.
Goodeye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:50 PM   #3
balbrt1
macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your reply. That does make me feel better
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:18 PM   #4
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

Works great for me, unless you get WiFi deadspots in your home/appt. I do and sometimes can still lose a call. Otherwise, the thing works great!
mpayne2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:21 PM   #5
cole01
macrumors 6502

It might just be me, or an iPhone 5 issue but I've noticed my battery drains faster when connected to the Microcell. It's not enough for me to stop using it however, it still lasts me a whole day and otherwise I wouldn't even be able to make or receive calls!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:21 PM   #6
balbrt1
macrumors newbie

I hear you..Without the microcell we have nothing here. I live in a rural area and I would have to cry if my microcell failed me. I just use it for calls and it has been a lifesaver. I had verizon for 8 yrs and was never able to use a cell phone in my home. I decided when I changed to ATT I would not do that again and so far it has been great. I hope all goes well with the new iphone. I will keep you posted...ty all for helping me.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:31 PM   #7
Jaimi
macrumors regular

Three of our 4 Iphone 4S phones connect and work flawlessly with the microcell. The 4th used to work, but then decided to quit connecting to it, and it has never done so since. Resetting (etc) does not work, and it is (still) on the Microcell website. No one knows why or can help.
Jaimi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:35 PM   #8
Jaimi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimi View Post
Three of our 4 Iphone 4S phones connect and work flawlessly with the microcell. The 4th used to work, but then decided to quit connecting to it, and it has never done so since. Resetting (etc) does not work, and it is (still) on the Microcell website. No one knows why or can help.
Sorry to update such an old post. But we were able to get the fourth phone on the microcell. We had to remove it from the whitelist on the AT&T site, add it back, reboot the phone and hold it near the microcell. Then it worked. My guess is there is some sort of authorization handshake that has to happen, and if you don't get it right off, it never happens again.
Jaimi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone