Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Anyone else see these since the update:

Apple TV slow to turn on; takes several seconds, like five to ten for the icons to display on my TV. Used to be pretty much instant.

Searching in Netflix and clicking on a result I get an error with a long string path starting with atv:/....and a message "Content cannot be played at this time"

Hulu sometimes will tell me I am Geo Blocked, but then going back to the item I want to watch and hitting play will play the video no problem.

Anyone else?

zathras

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
North AL
Mine is having massive issues - screensaver doesn't come on, streaming music from my computer stops after a couple of minutes and dumps back to home screen, Music section is continually stating that it is syncing - and this is just in the first few minutes of messing with it. I've rebooted to no avail.

Edit: logged out and back into iTunes and that seems to have helped.

Last edited:

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
the youtube app on ipad is quitting after you press the home button. it should stay playing on aTV but its not

lja

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
5.2 fail

Since updating none of my iOS devices are able to airplay.... rather a huge bug? or just in need of a reinstall?

joshsand66

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2009
Atv 3

I have 3 APTV - 1xAPTV2 and 2xAPTV3
I updated 1xAPTV2 and 1xAPTV3
The APTV3 update freezes movies drops audio and kept turning my TV set off and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I rebooted all systems but still the same.
The NOT updated ATV3 works fine.
Long time electric flash sounds on ATV2 still there as well.
There are some serious issues with this update.
I do wish they had a better testing regime before issuing updates.

joshsand66

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2009
update on problems

I have since unplugged all effected ATV's and rebooted them and the computer - twice in succession.
And now everything seems to have settled down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.