Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
As someone who thinks the Note 2 is a little to big I'm excited to see the S4. If the rumored specs are true the S4 is going to be a beast.

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
contract ending soon, nicely coinciding with the release of the beastly S4

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Even though I already own the S3, I'm anxiously awaiting the S4. This thing should be a BEAST and I'll be picking one up as soon as it's readily available.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Still a ways off for the USA.

Figure April or May for international and June or July for the USA.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Im not waiting for it but i will definitely be wanting to see the specs to see if ill want one or not. Im sure i will want one but if it is Note size, i wont get it.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
It's about the only thing keeping me from pre-ordering that Xperia Z :)
Well, I may still order it just to give it a try.

My fear about the XZ is that it'll be difficult to hold. I already find the Nexus 4 far less ergonomic than the S3 and Galaxy Nexus before it. Will have to try it in hand for myself first before passing judgment, but I do fear that size and that box-shape may lead to some uncomfortableness. Otherwise, very attractive and tempting phone, indeed.

With options like the XZ and S4 and potentially a larger next-gen iPhone, the Nexus 4 wasn't destined to be owned for long.

Stock Android is becoming less and less important to me... The tradeoffs are starting to not feel worth it.

Sensamic

macrumors 68030
Mar 26, 2010
: raises hand :

The Nexus 4 will go on Craigslist.

Unless Google were to finally fix 4.2...

In theory the SGS4 will come with 4.2, so it will have the same issues.

I hope they release an update soon though. The reboots on my nexus 10 are making me angry.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Samsung, please please please get rid of the physical home button. That was a bizarre step backwards from capacitive buttons. Please.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
My fear about the XZ is that it'll be difficult to hold. I already find the Nexus 4 far less ergonomic than the S3 and Galaxy Nexus before it. Will have to try it in hand for myself first before passing judgment, but I do fear that size and that box-shape may lead to some uncomfortableness. Otherwise, very attractive and tempting phone, indeed.

With options like the XZ and S4 and potentially a larger next-gen iPhone, the Nexus 4 wasn't destined to be owned for long.

Stock Android is becoming less and less important to me... The tradeoffs are starting to not feel worth it.

The iPhone just needs to do something else besides make it bigger. It has had the same front face since 2007, same shape and it will have the same OS. Im telling ya, we have a iPad Mini and i dont use it much. Im really dependant on the back button and hate not having one when i do use the Mini. Use the Nexus 7 90% of the instead when i use a tablet.

I hope they release an update soon though. The reboots on my nexus 10 are making me angry.
Early indictions are the GS4 will have Key Lime Pie and if not im sure it there will be an updated JB to 4.2 by June or July when the S4 comes to the USA.

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
The iPhone just needs to do something else besides make it bigger. It has had the same front face since 2007, same shape and it will have the same OS. Im telling ya, we have a iPad Mini and i dont use it much. Im really dependant on the back button and hate not having one when i do use the Mini. Use the Nexus 7 90% of the instead when a use a tablet.

100% agree.

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
: raises hand :

The Nexus 4 will go on Craigslist.

Unless Google were to finally fix 4.2...

;)

----------

As for ergonomics, I have to disagree with you. I don't find the Nexus 4 any less ergonomic than the GS3 or Galaxy Nexus. All of them feel comfortable in hand in my opinion.

As for stock Android, the biggest thing about a Nexus phone to me is the fact that you get updated immediately, and you don't have to worry about bloat. Of course there is a tradeoff, because there are features present in some manufacturer overlays (such as S Beam) that are pretty nice, but you won't get. That said, I'd rather be up to date. Heck, I am already 3 updates ahead of the Note 2, which is currently on 4.1.2.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012

Actually, 4.2 has most of the commits posted up and only a few minor bugs remain. All the major crap Google threw up with this update have been fixed. Question remains if Samsung and the rest will bother implementing them in a patch and releasing it to the public, or are they already skinning KLP for release with the S4 and Note8?¿?

And I will be pre ordering the S4.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I'm waiting , but got myself a Galaxy Note 2 to tide me over. I have my upgrade open for the upcoming Galaxy S4.

I hope the S4 has stylus support because it works great.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
Long as the GS4 has a removable battery and microSD slot I'm getting it.

Very bad move OEMs are taking with making non removable batteries

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.