Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:01 PM   #1
BBQ BOY
macrumors regular

Can not retrieve iTunes password.

I use to have Comcast as an internet provider and quit using them about a year ago. I also use to use my email account form Comcast. I was able to use that email account for months, but they have cut that account off, which is fine. Wells, except form the issue I am having now. iTunes has not been excepting my password when I try to buy music and so on. So, I ask to have an email sent to reset my password, BUT they are sending it to my old Comcast email, which is inactive. What can I do?
BBQ BOY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:13 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Do you have the option of resetting by security question instead? If you have forgotten those, or did not configure any, and also do not have a rescue email in place, you need to call AppleCare and ask to speak to Account Security. An AppleCare representative will verify your identity and can send a link to reset your password to your email address.

Once you are in, you probably should change the primary email address used with the account (changing the AppleID itself isn't needed) and establish security questions and a rescue email to get yourself out of this predicament should it happen in the future.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:40 AM   #3
Stewart21
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ BOY View Post
I use to have Comcast as an internet provider and quit using them about a year ago. I also use to use my email account form Comcast. I was able to use that email account for months, but they have cut that account off, which is fine. Wells, except form the issue I am having now. iTunes has not been excepting my password when I try to buy music and so on. So, I ask to have an email sent to reset my password, BUT they are sending it to my old Comcast email, which is inactive. What can I do?
The same thing happened to me and I could not remember security questions. Jedimeister is right. Call Apple and they will help you sort things out. You need to be at your machine when you call them.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:17 AM   #4
BBQ BOY
macrumors regular

Thanks guys. Before starting this thread, I tried the security question option, which is my DOB, but I guess I forgot when I was born because it says my entry is wrong.I will give Apple a call. Thanks again.
BBQ BOY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:06 PM   #5
oscsjc
macrumors newbie

Thanks.

Thanks guys, I am having the same problem. I'll give them a call.
oscsjc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store