|Feb 1, 2013, 01:42 AM||#1|
IPhone 4 mic issue
I have this 32 gb iPhone 4 which is out of warranty but its mic is dead.
It works intermittently and does not respond to troubleshooting which I did from forum info.
1) I tried cleaning the upper mic and lower with air can.
2) I did restore also with latest ipsw.
3) their is not blockage due to case.
It Does not work with Bluetooth also and wired headset also.
What can I do next ?
What intrigues me is this why even Bluetooth also does my work ? And why intermittent working of mic ?
Can it be loose connection ?
Last edited by nephron8; Feb 1, 2013 at 01:52 AM.
|Feb 2, 2013, 10:27 PM||#3|
Couple of questions
1) Are all mics out? If not which one is out
2) Is it only during calls that it doesn't work?
3) Is it a CDMA or gsm iphone 4?
4) Does the mic on your headphones work when plugged in?
5) Has it had a hard drop recently or water damage at some point?
Let me know and I can help you out
|Feb 3, 2013, 05:23 AM||#5|
Thanks all for replies.
Its gsm iPhone 4 and it works intermittent. And no predictable part whether it will work or nt.
Whether it's Bluetooth headset or wired headset. None will work.
It has never had fall and always been in adult use.
I did restore with all ipsw of ios 6. it never helped with it.
Its dead intermittently.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
|Feb 3, 2013, 10:56 AM||#6|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.