Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1
amilewski
macrumors newbie

Verizon iPad mini LTE

Will it work to take an activated SIM card with unlimited data from an iPhone 5 (verizon) and use it in a Verizon LTE iPad? Thanks.
amilewski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2
DyslexicKobe
macrumors newbie

[iPad Mini] Verizon iPad mini LTE

Should work. I do the same with my iPhone 5 ATT and my iPad Mini. If the mini doesnt recognize it, try settings>general> reset network settings. If issue still persists,restore mini with that sim card in device so that it registers the new sim card. It wont affect your rate plan, just will allow you to use sim card in mini.
DyslexicKobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:17 PM   #3
kevroc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilewski View Post
Will it work to take an activated SIM card with unlimited data from an iPhone 5 (verizon) and use it in a Verizon LTE iPad? Thanks.
It won't work. While it does with AT&T, with Verizon they tie the ICCID of the SIM to the IMEI of the device. Swapping can cause problems.
kevroc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:55 PM   #4
bursthead
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Dont listen to the other people in this thread. It does work and verizon will update your imei automatically. I currently have my unlimited data sim from my iphone 5 in my ipad mini. I can also swap it into my mifi as well.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:04 PM   #5
theConvinced
macrumors member

Quote:
I cant speak directly to the iphone 5 but I can say I moved my Verizon SIM from a hotspot to a iPad months ago with no adverse conditions from Verizon.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:13 PM   #6
joeshmo2010
macrumors 6502a

Now that Verizon uses SIM cards for LTE devices, swichtcing SIM cards into other Verizon devices is just as easy as AT&T. The IMEI will update automatically.
joeshmo2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad