Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:57 AM   #51
Buckeyestar
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitzuki View Post
Not happening in march
You go around telling kids the truth about the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa, don't you?
Buckeyestar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:13 AM   #52
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameproof View Post
PS: Since I do not expect any new functionality for the iPad 5 I give it a NO WAY. iPad 4 is already a NoNo for iPad 3 owners. The added speed is not noticeable and the new connector I don't need.
So you're speaking on behalf of all iPad 3 owners or just yourself?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:15 AM   #53
iPhysicist
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyestar View Post
You go around telling kids the truth about the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa, don't you?
he's even telling those kids Apple is not the best brand in the world... GET HIM!
iPhysicist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:59 AM   #54
AQUADock
macrumors 65816

If it looks and is similar to the iPad mini form factor then:
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:41 AM   #55
spooky23
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
So you're speaking on behalf of all iPad 3 owners or just yourself?

And in addition, people who don't own an iPad at all.
spooky23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:52 AM   #56
iThinkergoiMac
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Since I do not expect any new functionality for the iPad 5 I give it a NO WAY. iPad 4 is already a NoNo for iPad 3 owners. The added speed is not noticeable and the new connector I don't need.
That all depends on what you do with your iPad. For games, the speed increase is quite noticeable. If you consider the speed increase noticeable between the iPad 2 and the iPad 4, then it's equally noticeable between the iPad 3 and the iPad 4 when it comes to CPU tasks, as both the 2 and 3 have identical CPUs. I wasn't sure about the Lightning connector at first, but I really like it. Of course, I don't have a bunch of peripherals I have to rebuy or get adaptors for as this was my first iPad.

To answer the question of the thread, my reaction will be surprise but I will likely feel no urge to try to get one. I do not believe Apple will release an iPad in March, and certainly not one with any significant difference with the 4, so I will be surprised if they release one. My iPad 4 does everything I want it to, and does it well, so I don't see a need to upgrade yet. Just like I'm quite happy with my iPhone 4S, and won't be upgrading until the 5S (or whatever they call it) comes out.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:53 AM   #57
Droidrage729
macrumors 6502

How would you react if iPad 5 really was released in March?

We should at this point expect a new product after a new product heres how you deal. don't buy the new iPhone or iPad wait it out and get the next one. I'll probably sell my ip4 on eBay and get the 5 I love that form. If it wasn't thinner and lighter I wouldn't even bother. I'll still have to wait and see what the specs will look like. I wouldn't be shocked if it came with a non retina display, or an older processor .actually ill wait out the initial release of the ip5 and get the one that comes out 3-5 months later

Last edited by Droidrage729; Feb 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
Droidrage729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:01 PM   #58
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Why is it unlikely?
Just because the 4th gen has just come out a couple of months back doesn't mean they wont release a new one now. The third and fouth generation iPads are far too heavy. Can't wait to upgrade mine.
boy-better-know is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:51 PM   #59
jojoba
macrumors 65816

I'm perfectly happy with my 3gen iPad, and find it hard to imagine anything in the 5 that would present a serious improvement to my workflow.

If the mini comes with retina, on the other hand, I'll probably bite.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 01:32 PM   #60
KittiFatale
macrumors member

I'd try to sell my iPad 2 and get it.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 01:56 PM   #61
fat jez
macrumors 65816

I've already decided that if the next iPad to come out is lighter, I'm going to get rid of my 32GB 3G and go with a 16GB wifi model. I don't need the storage, I rarely need mobile data and I can tether to my iPhone when I do, but something lighter will be good.
fat jez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:48 PM   #62
Scarlet Siren
macrumors newbie

I'd show some interest, look at the specs and maybe consider upgrading from the iPad 2.
Scarlet Siren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 05:20 PM   #63
ob81
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ob81 Send a message via MSN to ob81
I would be excited if it made some relevant improvements and changes.

Other than that, just another day. Someone out there will be happy or pissed no matter what.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 05:30 PM   #64
kitzuki
macrumors regular

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyestar View Post
I learned at kindergarten Santa wasn't real if you could imagine.
kitzuki is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 05:42 PM   #65
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68000

Of course I would shrug. (mandatory)

Then I would buy one.

Honestly my iPad 4 is way too heavy.

They need to make the iPad 5 jump lightness-wise relatively what the iPhone 5 was to the iPhone 4.
Bobby Corwen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:24 PM   #66
flameproof
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iThinkergoiMac View Post
That all depends on what you do with your iPad. For games, the speed increase is quite noticeable. If you consider the speed increase noticeable between the iPad 2 and the iPad 4, then it's equally noticeable between the iPad 3 and the iPad 4 when it comes to CPU tasks, as both the 2 and 3 have identical CPUs. I wasn't sure about the Lightning connector at first, but I really like it. Of course, I don't have a bunch of peripherals I have to rebuy or get adaptors for as this was my first iPad.

To answer the question of the thread, my reaction will be surprise but I will likely feel no urge to try to get one. I do not believe Apple will release an iPad in March, and certainly not one with any significant difference with the 4, so I will be surprised if they release one. My iPad 4 does everything I want it to, and does it well, so I don't see a need to upgrade yet. Just like I'm quite happy with my iPhone 4S, and won't be upgrading until the 5S (or whatever they call it) comes out.

I don't do games. iPad 1 had a problem to play 720 width movies. iPad 3 plays them fine. With iPad 3 I have no speed issues. Between iPad 2 and 3 Apple added Siri - never used that. iPad 4 is basically a carbon copy of iPad 3, and has no added whatever for me in it. Weight I don't care about either. So what is left? Just because Apple has a new product ain't enough for me.

...but the next Galaxy Note 10.? Will get a serious look. The S Pen adds serious productivity to the Samsung iPad. Note 10.1 seems a bit old now and I rather wait a little.....

One page earlier a user suggested the Adonit stylus. Went out right away and bought one. It will certainly make drawing on the iPad easier.

Since its unlikely that Apple will add any smart stylus to the next iPad I am unlikely to buy any other Apple iPad.
flameproof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:39 PM   #67
aPple nErd
macrumors 68000

I would open my smart cover on my 32gb iPad 3 in white, read about it, think, geee iOS 6 sucks, and close my iPad and not care...
Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:50 PM   #68
batman75
macrumors 6502

I'm waiting for an iPad with same screen size but slimmer smaller form factor along theme of mini. If that is released I would upgrade.
batman75 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:45 PM   #69
Bojan
macrumors newbie

This thread was funny as hell.

I wouldn't care for iPad 5, but iPad mini with retina is a whole different story...
Bojan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:51 AM   #70
iThinkergoiMac
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I don't do games. iPad 1 had a problem to play 720 width movies. iPad 3 plays them fine. With iPad 3 I have no speed issues. Between iPad 2 and 3 Apple added Siri - never used that. iPad 4 is basically a carbon copy of iPad 3, and has no added whatever for me in it. Weight I don't care about either. So what is left? Just because Apple has a new product ain't enough for me.
First off, I'm not implying by any means that the iPad 3 (or 2 or 1) is worthless on terms of performance. But saying that the 4 is a carbon copy of the 3 is a gross understatement. The 4 has a significantly faster CPU, and the GPU is an even greater improvement. The front camera is HD as well. If those features don't do anything for you, that's fine, but it doesn't mean they aren't there.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:06 AM   #71
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

I would drop to my knees and scream into the air "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:24 AM   #72
yinz
macrumors 6502a

I'd be a couple hundred dollars poorer, and a lot happier.
yinz is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:26 AM   #73
dazed
macrumors 6502a

I'd still wait several months to see what doesn't work on it.

I never get the first production run of anything.
dazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:48 AM   #74
TrollToddington
macrumors 6502

Unless it has soma major screen improvement over my iPad 2 (read: less reflections and better screen readability in sunlight) I will most likely just shrug. Really, the 2nd iteration still works fine for me. If only screen reflections weren't so bad...
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:01 AM   #75
JemTheWire
macrumors newbie

I am relatively new to the iPad getting my first, an iPad 4 last November. Having had every iPhone since the 3GS (which my wife now uses), I won't be rushing out to buy the latest iPad any time soon. This baby rocks. Yes, it is not the lightest tablet on the market, but that doesn't bother me one bit. In one respect I think Apple made a mistake making the iPhone 5 so light. It lacks the 'quality feeling' that the heavier iPhone 4s had. The Retina display and speed is fantastic.
I simple cannot justify spending any money on a new model when this is superb and will be for some time yet..

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad