Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danakin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Toronto
My wife has an iPhone 4 and I was wondering if anyone has experienced any issues after installing 6.1?

My concern is the phone running sluggishly after the installation.

Any input is appreciated.

jk1002

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2008
for me it fixed slow home button click response as well as super slow camera load times.

Overall it seems snappier and that is what I keep reading from other 4.0 user posts.

No issues so far

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
Don't worry 6.1 performs the same as 6.0 which is good.

...or bad, if you look at the bad points. LOL. Didn't notice ANY difference at all. Laggy as before.

When I installed it there was one issue with "backup corrupted", and the installation was cancelled. Deleted the Back-up on the PC and it was fine.

No other issues.

iDannyxD

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
Mine is perfect except for the fact the battery is draining faster that it was before the update, its only over a week old.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I'd suggest reading about the features gained when running it on iP4, as well as the features that you don't get due to hardware limitations.

On the iP4's in my family I chose to leave them on iOS 5.x. They run faster & deliver much better battery life than my friends iP4's on iOS 6.x

My iPhone 5 is fast fun & stable on 6.1, but then again it's designed for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.