Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:30 PM   #1
oscsjc
macrumors newbie

Accessing Songs on Newer Machine.

I have an problem I can't find an answer for. I have purchased tunes from an older itunes account that I no longer use. These songs are on a widows machine. When I upgraded to the iMac, I can see the songs in iTunes, but when I try and play it, I get a prompt to register the song with the computer and it asks for my old itunes password. I can also see the songs on my iPhone, but they will not play. I have forgotten the password, and the email address associated with it is no longer valid and gone. I have most of them on an older iPod Nano. Is therer any easy way to retrive them, or are they lost forever?
oscsjc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 03:04 AM   #2
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscsjc View Post
I have an problem I can't find an answer for. I have purchased tunes from an older itunes account that I no longer use. These songs are on a widows machine. When I upgraded to the iMac, I can see the songs in iTunes, but when I try and play it, I get a prompt to register the song with the computer and it asks for my old itunes password. I can also see the songs on my iPhone, but they will not play. I have forgotten the password, and the email address associated with it is no longer valid and gone. I have most of them on an older iPod Nano. Is therer any easy way to retrive them, or are they lost forever?
I don't think we can help you here. The first thing you can try is to try to login to iTunes using your old AppleID (email address = AppleID), you may have entered password reminders when you created your account.

If that doesn't help, follow the link to "Support" in iTunes. Some human at Apple would have to help you, because they cannot know that a random email address that you tell them is actually connected to you. But they might have the possibility to check account details and see it's the same address. On the other hand, for privacy reasons I would expect that no Apple employee can do that.

Can you still play the songs on your Windows machine? If yes: Burn them to Audio CDs. Then import the audio CDs back on the Mac.

Last edited by gnasher729; Feb 2, 2013 at 04:51 PM.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod