Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
I just bought a 27 inch imac and so far I see no real problems. I saved up for 2 years and waited the long wait for the updates. After reading all of the problems on this forum from image retention to smokey screen splotches. While I am in my return policy is it worth keeping? Or is it only a matter of time to find out I have a major screen problem?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Apple sells millions of Macs. There are a few on MR that complain. I'm sure some of these are valid but I wouldn't take complaints on MR as being the norm.

If you have nothing wrong with your Mac I see no reason to exchange or return it. That's silly.

Don't worry.

:)

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
I just bought a 27 inch imac and so far I see no real problems. I saved up for 2 years and waited the long wait for the updates. After reading all of the problems on this forum from image retention to smokey screen splotches. While I am in my return policy is it worth keeping? Or is it only a matter of time to find out I have a major screen problem?

Remember, for every one person complaining about this or that on a public forums, there's probably hundreds who have no issues. Never base a purchase solely on what you read. They represent a minority of owners. :)

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma

If it is a major problem Apple will take care of you.

Drewski

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Somewhere else
I bought my wife a refurb MBP a few years ago, it worked fine. It was stolen, I replaced it with another refurb MBP, still works fine. About 1.5 years ago, I bought myself a refurb 2011 27" iMac. Still works fine. The monitor has no issues.

So there. Not everyone has problems with their apple products that require multiple exchanges, or one exchange for that matter.

EDIT:
I suppose you're talking about the latest gen iMac. Didn't catch that. Anyway, as Peace and MacAlien say, you only see the complaints here. Little else.

Last edited:

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have none of the issues posted, or any other issues. It runs beautifully, looks amazing, and I am extremely happy with my new iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.