Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fantasyphil

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I have a question, If i buy iphoto for ipad and organize.delete, and add photos on my ipad will all of those changes get synced over to my mac? Thanks!

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
iPhoto accesses the same library as the iPad Pictures app.
As far as I can tell, you can't delete an image from within iPhoto.
You can however make changes to the images. I think it duplicates the originals, on the other hand it looks like the changes are saved on top of the original (because you can undo the changes and return to the original).
Unfortunately, I'm not sure about the above. Things aren't transparent nor clear, like most iApps. Recently I discovered a Photobox in my iPhoto app, no idea where that came from.
Perhaps I should read the manual...

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
iPhoto on the iPad is a stand alone program. It does not sync with your desktop iPhoto library the way you are thinking.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
From what I can tell any albums made on an iPad don't care over in any way to the computer. Something I think that blows but what can you do.

As for edits etc, they remain inside iPhoto's app data unless you share them back out to your camera roll and import than like the rest of the photos

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.