Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glencoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Scotland
I have a problem where my computer is connecting to the internet the moment it is switched on. There is some program connecting and using a huge amount of bandwidth. The traffic is such that I can barely access emails. Little snitch is unable to track down which program is doing this. I used wireshark previously on a network and was able to track down a specific windows pc that was doing the exact same thing, however I am difficulty spotting what exactly is going on and I reluctant to reformat the HD. Anyone got any suggestions?

glencoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Scotland
Managed to figure out what was going on. Just out of curiosity removed all drives from mac pro and could still see huge amount of activity at router. Changed from ethernet 1 to ethernet 2 socket and activity stopped, replaced drives and started up, all running perfectly, looks like a fault has developed in the ethernet socket in computer for some strange reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.