Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1
gyuszike
macrumors newbie

ML server how to?

Hi.

I'm new to MacOsX server. Actually just wanted to learn about it, how to use, what can I do with it... I got documentation for it, read it through. So I got the server.app, installed it on my running ML system. As I read it it supposed to be really easy to set the things up. Just wanted to set up a server allowing Local Network and VPN connections. I don't need registered domain name for that just my local host name like server.local or server.example.private for the VPN. After this step I allowed the server.app to manage my time capsule and after the Push Notification window I got this message: 'A server with the specified hostname could not be found.' And the whole installation process stops. What did I do wrong? The host name is working, checked in terminal with ping. Tried to look it up on several forums, I couldn't find my answer.
I hope somebody can help me...

Thanks.
gyuszike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:40 AM   #2
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

Maybe....

this link is useful:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Hope that helps....

Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:09 AM   #3
gyuszike
macrumors newbie

thanks

it did help... up&running
thanks
gyuszike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:47 PM   #4
iampaulb
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to iampaulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyuszike View Post
it did help... up&running
thanks
If you want videos...this guy is awesome! Im currently working through them as we speak
iampaulb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking