Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:54 PM   #1
EyeV
macrumors newbie

MacBook Air with damaged hinges

My MBA was crushed a wee bit the only damage is on the hinges,, they have broken and now the computer closes lopsided unless held in place~~ want to repair ASAP the ac store where I live charges 50 $ for inspection+parts +labor, could there be a more economical option?? curious~ let me know your advice ~ thank you so much!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeV View Post
My MBA was crushed a wee bit the only damage is on the hinges,, they have broken and now the computer closes lopsided unless held in place~~ want to repair ASAP the ac store where I live charges 50 $ for inspection+parts +labor, could there be a more economical option?? curious~ let me know your advice ~ thank you so much!
AS well after on for a bit there is a weird buzzing beeping noice ~ ~ however it could just be over heating because I had it set on a pillow ~ could this be or is it more likely internal damage ~ ~ ps this is my first lap top.
EyeV is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:33 AM   #2
TheRealDamager
macrumors 65816

$50 sounds like a GREAT deal for fixing that damage.
TheRealDamager is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 09:03 AM   #3
ybz90
macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I agree. $50?! Do it. Now. Before they change their mind.
ybz90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:00 PM   #4
kage207
macrumors 6502a

I think the OP is trying to say it's $50 for the inspection. Plus the cost of whatever parts they would need to replace, plus the cost of labor (how many hours it takes).

Why not give it to Apple and have them tell you what needs to be done and get a quote from them first? Then you can price shop at authorized third party repair center (if price is a concern) or if time is a factor, then weigh that in as well in terms of turn around time.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air