Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EyeV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
My MBA was crushed a wee bit the only damage is on the hinges,, they have broken and now the computer closes lopsided unless held in place~~ want to repair ASAP the ac store where I live charges 50 $ for inspection+parts +labor, could there be a more economical option?? curious~ let me know your advice ~ thank you so much!

----------

My MBA was crushed a wee bit the only damage is on the hinges,, they have broken and now the computer closes lopsided unless held in place~~ want to repair ASAP the ac store where I live charges 50 $ for inspection+parts +labor, could there be a more economical option?? curious~ let me know your advice ~ thank you so much!

AS well after on for a bit there is a weird buzzing beeping noice ~ ~ however it could just be over heating because I had it set on a pillow ~ could this be or is it more likely internal damage ~ ~ ps this is my first lap top.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah, I agree. $50?! Do it. Now. Before they change their mind.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I think the OP is trying to say it's $50 for the inspection. Plus the cost of whatever parts they would need to replace, plus the cost of labor (how many hours it takes).

Why not give it to Apple and have them tell you what needs to be done and get a quote from them first? Then you can price shop at authorized third party repair center (if price is a concern) or if time is a factor, then weigh that in as well in terms of turn around time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.