Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JordanJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Australia
At Speck's Website, there are a number of cases for the computer, but I'm not sure which one to get.

I really need a case that is thin and light and acts more as a scratch protector than a bump protector (I have a satchel-type bag as well).

Do any of you have experience with Speck's line (if so, what does the "Satin" models feel like?) or do you have another brand that you like a lot??

Cheers!

JeffiJers

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
U.S.
I picked up a clean Speck smartshell? case for my 15R.

The bottom piece fits fine but the shell around the top fits WAY to snug. It is near impossible to take off and You have to force stretch it on.

Will be buying a Skin whenever i get around to it.

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
so case allowed but just not on the palm rest ? like in the picture of the incipio feather ..

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Been eying this.

pmc41_00.jpg

pmc51_s01.jpg

pmc51_s02.jpg

Power support has some of the best precision when it comes to cases as we seen from their iPhone 5 line up.

yusukeaoki

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Get the SeeThru or SmartShell by Speck.
I have the SeeThru and they are extremely good.
No damage on my MBP what so ever.
In fact it saved it from several scratches and dents.

----------

Been eying this.

Power support has some of the best precision when it comes to cases as we seen from their iPhone 5 line up.

Can you get that in the US?
I got mine for the MBA when I was over in Japan but never seen it over here...

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Can you get that in the US?
I got mine for the MBA when I was over in Japan but never seen it over here...

No US sellers are even aware that this product even exists lol. This case was just made available by powersupport japan a few days ago. Judging from the pictures, this case looks like it has better proportions than the speck while being a little slimmer too. I could be wrong however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.