Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Tigerman82
macrumors regular

16Gb iPad 4 and Handbrake - Settings for SD DVDs

I recently bough a 16Gb iPad 4. I was about to go with a 32Gb model but I'm the sort of user who is not going to store A) over 20 apps, B) over 2-3 games, C) more than 5 albums of music and 50 pictures and D) over 4-5 hours of SD video in his iPad. However, since I do want some movies in the iPad (I have a Wifi-only model and do not have access to Wifi-networks all the time), I naturally want some of my DVDs in there.

Many favor Handbrake but unfortunately it is a bit unclear to me what settings I should use. Many threads deal with people wanting to convert their HD videos to iPad format, but I only want to view SD DVD -content with my iPad. Some people say the universal preset is the best. Others say Apple TV 2 might be more suitable. Which settings do you use (for ripping SD DVDs to iPad 4)?

BTW, I also noticed that in Handbrake's Audio settings it automatically wants to create two tracks if the DVD has a 5.1 track. Surely I only want to create a stereo track for the iPad?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting