Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:24 PM   #1
Kallen
macrumors newbie

iPod case question...

I have the Griffin Suevivor case for my ipod. Check it out here. What I really want to know is, can a sealed case such as this cause an iPod Touch to overheat (thus ruining the battery) or are these types of cases safe? I had a battery go bad after I used this case for almost a year. I really like this case, but I am afraid of ruining my new iPod Touch...
Thanks!
Kallen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:42 AM   #2
Nighttracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen View Post
I have the Griffin Suevivor case for my ipod. Check it out here. What I really want to know is, can a sealed case such as this cause an iPod Touch to overheat (thus ruining the battery) or are these types of cases safe? I had a battery go bad after I used this case for almost a year. I really like this case, but I am afraid of ruining my new iPod Touch...
Thanks!
I can't see it doing much damage. I have the same case and I cut the screen protector out of it cause I don't like screen protectors. And this type of screen protector leaves a space between the glass and the plastic so I was afraid dirt would get between the two and scratch it.
Nighttracker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:31 AM   #3
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen View Post
Thanks!
Have Otterbox Defender cases on all my iPod Touch and iPhones. Which completely encloses them. I have never had an issue with heat. Heat will still dissipate through case.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quoting from http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html

Quote:
Let It Breathe
Charging your iPod while in certain carrying cases may generate excess heat, which can affect battery capacity. If you notice that your iPod gets hot when you charge it, take it out of its case first.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch