Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keenupie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Washington DC
Hello,

Been facing this problem randomly since last few days, When I get a Text Message I can't reply, the 'Send' Button just wont click,

I can't even reply to any messages or create and send any new messages,

Any idea what's the issue? This is random, and all I can do is turn my phone off and on, but that's annoying,

My setup is iPhone 5, it's a carrier unlocked model, and is running on iOS 6.1, have even done a clean reinstall, still the problem keeps popping up randomly.

Regards,

furycd001

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
HI Kennupie

I to have had the same problem with my iPhone 4. Usually I had to either just close & restart the message app or on some occasions, I had to completely reboot the phone [ such as hassle ]. The fix I found was restoring the phone in DFU mode. Since restoring in DFU mode I have yet to see the problem again...

Keenupie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Washington DC
Thanks a lot,

Will try the DFU restore and let you know in few days its so annoying when suddenly the send button is no more clickable

Thanks again,

HI Kennupie

I to have had the same problem with my iPhone 4. Usually I had to either just close & restart the message app or on some occasions, I had to completely reboot the phone [ such as hassle ]. The fix I found was restoring the phone in DFU mode. Since restoring in DFU mode I have yet to see the problem again...

furycd001

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
Yea it is really annoying like. Espically whenever your trying to send an important text. DFU worked out my problem so lets hope it does the same for you too...

Keenupie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Washington DC
Hello

Can someone shed light on this, basically cannot send any form of text or iMessage from the iPhone 5

Have done a full restore and a DFU restore but since this morning the problem is back in fact I've restarted the phone 3-4 times and still no luck

Is this an apple issue? Or just some bug from another app?

Regards

Yea it is really annoying like. Espically whenever your trying to send an important text. DFU worked out my problem so lets hope it does the same for you too...

furycd001

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
The only thing I can suggest is taking the phone to a Genius Bar in an apple store. There could be a problem with part of the phones hardware. Though don't quote me because I'm not really sure. Sorry I can't be of more help...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.