Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Help with creating fonts (TTF). Under OS 9, Adobe had fontographer, but that program isn’t being made any more. Aside from Adobe Illustrator, is there a program that will allow me to create vector maps that can be converted to TTFs?

What OSX software is out there to make fonts. I am looking for something under a couple of hundred bucks, if such a thing exists. If not, what do any of you recommend?

If any of you have suggestions on making fonts I would love to get any advice.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Aah... Fontographer. Never managed to get it to work under Classic -- shame.

Fontlab say they have plans for Fontographer. We shall see...

Well, for the price there's TypeTool. And there's a demo.

Fontlab itself remains a top quality tool but is a little out of your price range. You may be able to find a second-hand copy somewhere, though.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Blue Velvet said:
Aah... Fontographer. Never managed to get it to work under Classic -- shame.

Fontlab say they have plans for Fontographer. We shall see...

Well, for the price there's TypeTool. And there's a demo.

Fontlab itself remains a top quality tool but is a little out of your price range. You may be able to find a second-hand copy somewhere, though.

Thank you for the information. I find it funny that one company seems to hold all of the viable resources for creating Type 1, True Type, and Open Type fonts for OSX. I am starting to create the font I need. Hopefully they will send the key at some point today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.