Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 2, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Gordscharf
macrumors newbie

2007 iMac screen goes black after initial boot up.

I upgraded to lion and have only been able to boot up in safe mode. However now when rebooting it automatically boots up on safe mode. When the progress bar gets to about 1/3 done the screen goes black. I have tried unplugging my peripherals and turning off my Bluetooth Magic Mouse during the reboot. I have an apple aluminum keyboard connected by USB.

Am at wits end and feel I may be at the point of having to take it in to get serviced. However, will most likely be too expensive and will have to get a new one.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Gordscharf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:45 PM   #2
Puevlo
macrumors 6502a

That typically means there may be corruption on the hard drive. You will need to either boot to the Recovery Partition by holding Command-R on start up, or boot to the original Install DVDs that came with the computer by holding C. In there you will need to verify/repair the hard drive using Disk Utility.
Puevlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac