Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corey407woc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
I just downloaded LockInfo 5 and was not that impressed was using Lockinfo 4 with "customized center" and bulletin for lockscreen and seems that is the perfect combo for everything. No way to hide all your junk on the lock screen with Lockinfo 5 guess i will not be updating

understando

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
That's disappointing. I saw a video of it and thought it looked pretty cool. New features & what not. What did you not like about it?

corey407woc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
very few options to configure, no more infoshade all relies on apple notifications, no option to hide stuff on lockscreen they just sit there so if someone picks up your phone and stuff you dont want there they can see everything,

pros: great email previews better than lockinfo 4, ability to clear each notification by itself which is really cool

i like the idea of seeing what is there and then unlocking the phone and when i want to address them pull the notificaiton on the lock screen down

corey407woc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
extremely disappointed in lockinfo 5. i prefer the infoshade

they also took away some of the status bar icons as well, the only thing im worried about is that lockinfo 4 is only compatible with ios5 so might be on io5 for awhile

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
I just want the weather/time widget up top, calendar, notifications, emails, missed phone calls, and twitter.....that's not possible?????

mrhamed

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2010
I'd like clean lockscreen without clock & unlock slider even lock-icon on statusbar.

But i don't use native notification-bar or info shade.

why this features removed ?!!!

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Does LockInfo show your facebook feed like Intelliscreenx does? It's been 6+ months since I've used LockInfo and figured with the JB today I want to make sure I get a good lock screen program.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
I was just coming here to ask questions myself when I see others having the same concerns.

I want to be able to just click my home or power button to see everything, not have to click/slide to get to the notification center. I also miss the info shade. :rolleyes: Maybe will have to take another look at intelliscreen again until lockinfo gets their act together again. :confused:

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
I've been fiddling with lockinfo off and on all afternoon. Took a few minutes to figure out and I am having a few issues. It does kind of make sense to integrate with notification center and I like having the stock weather widget from notification center in place of the clock on the lock screen and the added clock is a nice touch.

I miss the option to hide the unlock slider and am having an issue with the stock clock appearing on the lock screen and the weather widget coming back in the "widget" portion of lockinfo.

edit: here's a picture with the stock clock randomly showing up if you look at the lock screen too long.

you have to choose whether it should show the notifications or widgets on the lock screen now. Whichever you do not select you have to press the icon for to show. You can see the notifications icon and widget icon right above the slider in the screenshot. Also looks like its formatted for 4/4s with anything below that dark line will be cutoff so hopefully there will be an iphone 5 update soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
Can you have your favorite contacts show up on the lock screen, so you can call or text them from the lock screen?

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
this is whats keeping me from upgrading to iOS 6, i really like the interface of the older lockinfo. I wish there was a way to maintain it through iOS 6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.