Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Timzer
Banned

Samsung gets serious about the Stylus.

So of course now that we can easily confirm that the presence of a stylus does not mean you "blew it" as Steve once said; Samsung has bought into Wacom. This should get very interesting.

Source
Timzer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Steve also badmouthed 7Ē tablets - I think the manís words are only valid for so long.
mrsir2009 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:52 PM   #3
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Samsung has been the innovator in the phablet sector. I've enjoyed the note taking via stylus feature on my Note II. The upcoming Note III will only get better.

Resale is so good I've already sold mine to a guy in my office. That's the benefit of having a few smartphones, I've got others to enjoy while I wait for Note III.

Thanks to Google & Samsung we've got some great choices to enjoy.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:04 PM   #4
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68020

The stylus on my Note 2 has been fantastic. I write everything using the stylus. Hopefully, the S4 will have it.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:47 PM   #5
ChrisTX
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
Samsung has been the innovator in the phablet sector. I've enjoyed the note taking via stylus feature on my Note II. The upcoming Note III will only get better.

Resale is so good I've already sold mine to a guy in my office. That's the benefit of having a few smartphones, I've got others to enjoy while I wait for Note III.

Thanks to Google & Samsung we've got some great choices to enjoy.
You do know that the Note III will be coming no sooner than August? I have an S3, and a Nexus 4, but my Nexus will be making it's way to eBay soon.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:58 PM   #6
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTX View Post
You do know that the Note III will be coming no sooner than August?
Actually I was under the impression it would be mid September.

Currently I'm enjoying my Nexus 4 far more than I anticipated. That plus my iPhone 5 makes a nice combo.

I decided to sell my Note II early, because a good friend at the office was willing to pay what I paid, since he didn't have upgrade eligibility.

It was win win, the best kind of transaction.
maxosx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:25 AM   #7
ChrisTX
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
Actually I was under the impression it would be mid September.

Currently I'm enjoying my Nexus 4 far more than I anticipated. That plus my iPhone 5 makes a nice combo.

I decided to sell my Note II early, because a good friend at the office was willing to pay what I paid, since he didn't have upgrade eligibility.

It was win win, the best kind of transaction.
Haha nice, not bad. I can't say much, I interchange between an S3, and a Nexus 4 quite a bit. I need to sell one of them, but still to this day can't bring myself to do it.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:47 AM   #8
daveathall
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I can't say much, I interchange between an S3, and a Nexus 4 quite a bit. I need to sell one of them, but still to this day can't bring myself to do it.
Tell me about it, I'm exactly the same.

Where's the bang head smiley when you need it?
daveathall is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:12 AM   #9
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Haha nice, not bad. I can't say much, I interchange between an S3, and a Nexus 4 quite a bit. I need to sell one of them, but still to this day can't bring myself to do it.
Yes I know what you mean.

Because I spend so much time traveling & using a smartphone, ergonomics matter. The Nexus is shaped just perfect for long periods, it only requires a loose comfortable grip to hold securely. Display size is absolutely ideal, and it's the only smartphone out of the large number I've owned, that has everything I want & nothing I don't. That experience has kept me so satisfied, I'm really eager to see what Nexus 5 brings.

Yet that said I'd really be excited if Apple were to join the modern day large screen smartphones. With a J. Ive signature design that's unlike the current three year old style, Apple has an opportunity to re-establish themselves as the leader in design.

Conversely, if they simply increase the size, keeping the current style in order to accommodate another narrow elongated display of yet greater size, it will be more of the same. A trend I have no interest in supporting.
maxosx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:28 AM   #10
b166er
macrumors 68020

Samsung hit the nail on the head with the stylus because using it is in no way required. You can get virtually all of the great features of the Note with or without use of the stylus. So you instantly appeal to two different types of people. In the past, if the phone or PDA came with a stylus it probably meant the "touch screen" was really not finger friendly.

For people that do enjoy using a stylus, Samsung took it up a notch. You can do a lot more with a Note + stylus than just write stuff.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices