Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
So of course now that we can easily confirm that the presence of a stylus does not mean you "blew it" as Steve once said; Samsung has bought into Wacom. This should get very interesting.

Source

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Samsung has been the innovator in the phablet sector. I've enjoyed the note taking via stylus feature on my Note II. The upcoming Note III will only get better.

Resale is so good I've already sold mine to a guy in my office. That's the benefit of having a few smartphones, I've got others to enjoy while I wait for Note III.

Thanks to Google & Samsung we've got some great choices to enjoy.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
The stylus on my Note 2 has been fantastic. I write everything using the stylus. Hopefully, the S4 will have it.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Samsung has been the innovator in the phablet sector. I've enjoyed the note taking via stylus feature on my Note II. The upcoming Note III will only get better.

Resale is so good I've already sold mine to a guy in my office. That's the benefit of having a few smartphones, I've got others to enjoy while I wait for Note III.

Thanks to Google & Samsung we've got some great choices to enjoy.
You do know that the Note III will be coming no sooner than August? I have an S3, and a Nexus 4, but my Nexus will be making it's way to eBay soon.:cool:

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
You do know that the Note III will be coming no sooner than August?
Actually I was under the impression it would be mid September.

Currently I'm enjoying my Nexus 4 far more than I anticipated. That plus my iPhone 5 makes a nice combo.

I decided to sell my Note II early, because a good friend at the office was willing to pay what I paid, since he didn't have upgrade eligibility.

It was win win, the best kind of transaction.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Actually I was under the impression it would be mid September.

Currently I'm enjoying my Nexus 4 far more than I anticipated. That plus my iPhone 5 makes a nice combo.

I decided to sell my Note II early, because a good friend at the office was willing to pay what I paid, since he didn't have upgrade eligibility.

It was win win, the best kind of transaction.

Haha nice, not bad. I can't say much, I interchange between an S3, and a Nexus 4 quite a bit. I need to sell one of them, but still to this day can't bring myself to do it.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Haha nice, not bad. I can't say much, I interchange between an S3, and a Nexus 4 quite a bit. I need to sell one of them, but still to this day can't bring myself to do it.

Yes I know what you mean.

Because I spend so much time traveling & using a smartphone, ergonomics matter. The Nexus is shaped just perfect for long periods, it only requires a loose comfortable grip to hold securely. Display size is absolutely ideal, and it's the only smartphone out of the large number I've owned, that has everything I want & nothing I don't. That experience has kept me so satisfied, I'm really eager to see what Nexus 5 brings.

Yet that said I'd really be excited if Apple were to join the modern day large screen smartphones. With a J. Ive signature design that's unlike the current three year old style, Apple has an opportunity to re-establish themselves as the leader in design.

Conversely, if they simply increase the size, keeping the current style in order to accommodate another narrow elongated display of yet greater size, it will be more of the same. A trend I have no interest in supporting.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Samsung hit the nail on the head with the stylus because using it is in no way required. You can get virtually all of the great features of the Note with or without use of the stylus. So you instantly appeal to two different types of people. In the past, if the phone or PDA came with a stylus it probably meant the "touch screen" was really not finger friendly.

For people that do enjoy using a stylus, Samsung took it up a notch. You can do a lot more with a Note + stylus than just write stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.