Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:44 AM   #1
LSUtigers03
macrumors 68000

Has anyone used an upgrade and then still been eligible?

This may not be the best forum to ask this but I figured the people here change phones often so maybe someone has had this happen. September of last year is when I joined my fiancÚ's AT&T plan and we made it a share plan. That day I got a Galaxy S3. Then on October 1st I brought the S3 back and got an iPhone 5. A few weeks ago I used her upgrade and got a Note 2. Her upgrade status correctly says that she isn't eligible but my status says that I am eligible for an upgrade. When I went to use her upgrade at Best Buy the guy told me that my line had an upgrade but I used her's assuming that it was just a bug and it would be corrected. Weeks later my line still shows an upgrade. Has anyone had this happen? If I go and upgrade again and AT&T catches it can I just bring the phone back so I don't get charged?
LSUtigers03 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:30 AM   #2
b166er
macrumors 68020

I would ask ATT.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:22 PM   #3
LSUtigers03
macrumors 68000

I checked Best Buy's upgrade checker and it shows my contract end date as 09/02/14 which is 2 years from when I last upgraded but it still says that I can upgrade. AT&T's upgrade checker also says that I can upgrade. I guess I will have to ask AT&T.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:49 PM   #4
hyteckit

Me.

I think it's because their system treats iPhones differently from other smartphones.

I have a iPhone 4S and upgrade to Note 2. My account shows my new 2 year contract.

However, it still shows I am eligible for an iPhone upgrade in a few months.

I'm not going to let AT&T know. I'm just going to upgrade to a new iPhone when it comes out this year.
hyteckit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:50 PM   #5
LSUtigers03
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Me.

I think it's because their system treats iPhones differently from other smartphones.

I have a iPhone 4S and upgrade to Note 2. My account shows my new 2 year contract.

However, it still shows I am eligible for an iPhone upgrade in a few months.

I'm not going to let AT&T know. I'm just going to upgrade to a new iPhone when it comes out this year.
That's what I wanted to do. I wasn't going to go and tell AT&T that I already upgraded I was just going to ask if I had one. Best Buy is offering a $50 gift card if you register by Feb 9 and upgrade (with a 2 yr contract) between Feb 10 - Dec 31. So I'm going to get my fiance a new phone because her phone has turned to crap since I used her upgrade.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:39 PM   #6
chris2k5
Banned

NO DON'T ASK THEM.

If they say you have an upgrade and it was their mistake, you just use it.
In the end it is a win-win for you (you get your phone) and AT&T (they keep you for another 1-2 years).
chris2k5 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices