Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:19 PM   #26
danny32
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secondstosam View Post
in a very strange way I am happy this is a common issue. I had feared I was probably being a bit tight with my money.
I've decided I'm better to buy a newer model (anything with an i3/5/7 processor in).
Everyone here is right, the second hand prices especially on eBay are a joke. I am looking to spend 600. Surely that should get me a 2011 Mac right? Will keep an eye our for refurbished Macs. May bite the bullet and get one but it's a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Some of these people are idiots though. They see numbers and think it means they're getting a great deal. People put 1000GB hard drive and 8GB RAM, the non-techies will see big numbers and think they're getting a lot for their money.
I'm a web developer and musician. It's been a long time coming but I really want to get a Mac sorted now.
have a look on gumtree mate... seen some 2010/2011 at decent prices....
danny32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:45 PM   #27
daneoni
macrumors G4

Macs retain their value a lot more than PCs because a lot of people are either collectors or recyclists. Also its a somewhat niche product unlike PCs which are everywhere/anywhere.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro