|Feb 3, 2013, 12:30 PM||#1|
automator to sync with external drive and cloud
I'm trying to simplify my workflow with regards to syncing a spreadsheet to my external drive and a cloud backup. The spreadsheet is used to log sales throughout the day, so it changes quite often. And I can't leave it open on my desktop as the info is for my eyes only.
Here is my current workflow:
1. open the spreadsheet from the hard drive
2. make changes to the spreadsheet
3. save and close
4. locate the updated spreadsheet on the hard drive
5. drag the updated spreadsheet to my external drive
6 answer the pop up warning about a "file already exist"
7. drag the updated spreadsheet to my cloud folder on the desktop
8. answer the pop up warning about a "file already exist"
What I'd like to do is have the updated spreadsheet automatically sync to, and overwrite the current file, on my external drive and the cloud when I save and close the working file.
I'm trying to learn Automator and Hazel so I'd prefer a home made solution vs buying a 3rd party app.
Aluminum Macbook Pro mc372ll/a
iPhone and iPod Nano
We all have a choice, choose life and honor Him!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.