Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
What are some current goals or things your working on? 1 year timeframe, preferably.

Since I'm currently working, here are a few of mine that are in progress:

Begin learning German on Rosetta Stone
Swim again
Become familiar with C programming with Xcode

How about you guys?

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I'd like to learn to program in general. Unfortunately, I'm on my own- not in a University, or anywhere that I could receive classes (besides the interwebs). Do have a library with good (recent) programming books.

afireintonto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Portland
Well, my current goals include graduating with my Bachelors in Accounting (should be this July!)
And then getting a job doing accounting some place.

It's scary starting out on my own. :confused:

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
I'd like to learn to program in general. Unfortunately, I'm on my own- not in a University, or anywhere that I could receive classes (besides the interwebs). Do have a library with good (recent) programming books.

I'm learning on my own right now. Basically just going through tutorials and reviewing how to do things.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Begin learning German on Rosetta Stone

I'm actually working on re-learning German. Took it for a few years on and off and on and off again (8th/9th grade and then Jr/Sr year college).

I've got Rosetta Stone and then I found this kind of cool website called duolingo that I started using as well.

Besides that, mostly financial goals.

- Bump emergency funds to 4 months minimum, 6 ideally (probably sitting at 3)
- Pay off one student loan in full (while still making payments on the others naturally)
- Save more in general (separate from emergency savings. Already increased automatic withdrawals - so far, so good on that)

Last edited:

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
I'm actually working on re-learning German. Took it for a few years on and off and on and off again (8th/9th grade and then Jr/Sr year college).

I've got Rosetta Stone and then I found this kind of cool website called duolingo that I started using as well.

Yeah I think it's going to be very difficult to really learn German without speaking/reading.writing all the time. But I think I'm going to check out that website and some others to help me at least learn vocabulary.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Move either downtown Chicago or Scottsdale AZ or possibly back home to Los Angeles. That will also impact my other goal of getting another sports car this summer, depending on where I live and how much I have to spend on a house/condo............

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.