Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1
jaybe1
macrumors member

4s no signal or wifi and rebooting

I have a 4s that was dropped into water about a year ago. I dried it out and worked perfect till now. Now it wont stay turned on without being plugged into the mains charger so cant restore as it wont power up through usb. When it does turn on there is no signal and wifi is greyed out. When plugged in, if left alone it will restart in a loop. I can open apps but music app will not play sound. Any hope for it ? Thanks in advance

Last edited by jaybe1; Feb 3, 2013 at 03:50 PM.
jaybe1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

If u have extra free time...

Disassemble in the attempt to clean it. Careful with cutting tiny cables and connectors.

Fix#1: Clean connectors

Go to radio shack and buy a can of Contact Cleaner, this is an aerosol bottle. Unhook all cables and clean all contacts. Use a brush if you can but if not just spray and follow can's direction.

Re-assemble see if that does the trick

Fix#2: (if fix1 not enough) clean everything.

I would use a little dish detergent 1 part to 10 parts water. Use a small size, medium stiff clean tooth brush, use spray bottle that can get the liquid into tinny crevasses. Let it sit a few minutes and immediately rinse with water, THROUGHLY. Use a can of compressed air to remove water, then let the whole thing dry for a few days.

Good luck.

Last edited by Mrbobb; Feb 3, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 06:06 PM   #3
jaybe1
macrumors member

Thanks for the reply ill try pick up some contact cleaner tomorrow and give it a try. Otherwise ill throw it in the dishwasher see if that cleans it up
jaybe1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone