Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:03 PM   #1
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Flash Player Install Failure

I have a 2012 MBP with ML, new to mac, only had a week. I just tried to install Flash Player from Adobe and it failed. Im almost crying. I am so new I cant make anything out of the troubleshooting helps on the Flash site. What do I do? I have these icons now showing on my desktop for Adobe Flash but it says the install failed right after the download bar completed its blue line across. It also shows in my finder window under downloads. Do I delete and what do I need to do to ensure success. So far everything I have tried on my new MBP has gone so smoothly, I am so disappointed. Please HELP
IPadNParadise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 05:58 PM   #2
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Please help. I did figure out how to uninstall, I think anyway. Used the process on the Adobe site to uninstall. I have now tried again and got the same error msg. It went thru the blue line showing download percentage and when the line got to the end, I get the msg "general installation error" and your download was unsuccessful. I have looked at the troubleshooting tips and cannot figure out whats wrong. Very very frustrated with being a new Mac user.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 06:40 PM   #3
LPZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPadNParadise View Post
Please help. I did figure out how to uninstall, I think anyway. Used the process on the Adobe site to uninstall. I have now tried again and got the same error msg. It went thru the blue line showing download percentage and when the line got to the end, I get the msg "general installation error" and your download was unsuccessful. I have looked at the troubleshooting tips and cannot figure out whats wrong. Very very frustrated with being a new Mac user.
Please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/5041836 . In that thread, you will see the email address for a fellow named Chris Campbell who works for Adobe. I suggest you email him about this, which appears to be an error caused by Adobe, not Apple.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:28 PM   #4
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Thank you. Wow, that Adobe thread reads just like what I would say. I sure hope he can help me. I am VERY frustrated. Everything so far has just worked so well on my Mac, I would not be surprised to find that it was Adobe's problem. Maybe that's why Apple did not want to support mobile flash.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:16 AM   #5
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Ok so I just wont have a Flash Player. I called Apple Support they checked out some settings on my machine and said they were all correct and then had me go thru the Adobe Flash Install process while they were on the line and it failed again showing general installation error. They said call adobe since it was not my MBP with the problem. Called Adobe, I could barely understand them and they said there would be a fee for their support, their technical support was not free. Anywhere from $99.95 to $149. I said no thank you and hung up. Very disappointed since I cant have flash on my ipad and One of the reasons I bought a computer.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:02 AM   #6
LPZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPadNParadise View Post
Ok so I just wont have a Flash Player. I called Apple Support they checked out some settings on my machine and said they were all correct and then had me go thru the Adobe Flash Install process while they were on the line and it failed again showing general installation error. They said call adobe since it was not my MBP with the problem. Called Adobe, I could barely understand them and they said there would be a fee for their support, their technical support was not free. Anywhere from $99.95 to $149. I said no thank you and hung up. Very disappointed since I cant have flash on my ipad and One of the reasons I bought a computer.
Did you email the fellow I named?
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:23 PM   #7
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPZ View Post
Did you email the fellow I named?
Yes, he responded and is trying to get a desktop sharing going to help. I think we ran out of time since it was late this afternoon. Maybe completion tomorrow. Thank you again.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help