Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:55 AM   #1
robbzrobbz
macrumors newbie

Nas Drive disables wifi when connected

Hi

Searched for many hours trying to find a solution but can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue.

The ReadyNAS Duo which connects to the two iMacs at work disables the wifi connection when connected to only one of them which happens to be the newer of the two (only about 6months old).

The one that has the problem is an 'intel icore 5 running on 10.7.5'
The one that doesn't have a problem is an 'intel Core 2 Duo running on 10.6.8'

any ideas on what could be causing the problem, and a solution would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Rob
robbzrobbz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:59 AM   #2
ScoobyMcDoo
macrumors 65816

Rob,

I don't think there is any way anyone here can help you diagnose your problem with the information provided. We need to know how everything is physically connected, what all the IP addresses are, are you using DHCP vs static IP.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "wif is disabled"? I.E. do you mean if you go to network preferences, it shows as disabled, or do you mean it doesn't seem to work.
ScoobyMcDoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X