Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

86nji

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Hi guys,

Magic Products, I paid for a bt keyboard and track pad connector nearly 3 weeks ago, after 4 separate attempts to make contact there was no response. I was then for no reason and without my consent refunded nearly 3 WEEKS later, so what was the point of me buying one. I have wasted hours of my time and effort on this issue and feel the people responsible for this are totally selfish, so now I am without a connector, and still, after 3 weeks I have not even been given the privilege of speaking to them. Do yourselves a favour and start behaving like any company should, outrageous.

/RANT

Last edited:

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Ok don't tell us what company or anything , keep posts like this coming we need more informative insight on this ..... ......

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
For all the trouble it's worth trying to find a deal, you'd better just stick with Apple products. They just work which is 'magic':cool:

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just over my technical experience, stick with high name brand items, not no Chinese knock offs.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Please Notice: We are taking advance orders only at this time as our product is sold out to to overwhelming demand

Seems pretty clear to me?

If you want something like that, get the Magic Wand from 12South. That's quite clearly who they stole this idea from.

86nji

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Seems pretty clear to me?

If you want something like that, get the Magic Wand from 12South. That's quite clearly who they stole this idea from.

ok, so when someone doesn't see that and then emails you 4 times in a row asking questions you don't ignore them and refund you answer the $%&*@£! question, I'm glad I made the thread its what they deserve.

Asuriyan

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Indiana
I can certainly understand your frustration as a consumer, but if your goal was to get the word out about a questionable merchant, there are more attention getting ways to title the thread and word your issue.

Poor Experience with Magic Products (Accessories)

Or similar.

If your goal is just to vent about the poor experience, you're better off sending them (more) angry emails.

DonutHands

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Los Angeles
I ordered one about a week ago and have had no response from the company saying the order is confirmed, no shipping notice, no back order email, nothing.

Just happened to visit their page again and see this on the store page

Please Notice: We are taking advance orders only at this time as our product is sold out to to overwhelming demand

Pretty crappy to take peoples money but not inform them that there is a delay of unknown length.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Pretty hard to understand how they can't keep up with production ... that tray holder is just a slab of aluminum with a 1/4" bend at one edge and 6 magnets stuck on. Mine didn't last very long before the magnets lost their stick on the tray side (they stuck to the keyboard and trackpad fine). I think I may have finally just thrown it away ... it was the worst tray of that kind I have tried.

The Magic Wand works much better for me ... but my favorite is the "Clique" from Henge Docks:

http://hengedocks.com/order_clique.php

I would buy either of those over the "Magic Connector".

86nji

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
ok, so when someone doesn't see that and then emails you 4 times in a row asking questions you don't ignore them and refund you answer the $%&*@£! question, I'm glad I made the thread its what they deserve.

I can certainly understand your frustration as a consumer, but if your goal was to get the word out about a questionable merchant, there are more attention getting ways to title the thread and word your issue.

Poor Experience with Magic Products (Accessories)

Or similar.

If your goal is just to vent about the poor experience, you're better off sending them (more) angry emails.

I ordered one about a week ago and have had no response from the company saying the order is confirmed, no shipping notice, no back order email, nothing.

Just happened to visit their page again and see this on the store page

Pretty crappy to take peoples money but not inform them that there is a delay of unknown length.

Pretty hard to understand how they can't keep up with production ... that tray holder is just a slab of aluminum with a 1/4" bend at one edge and 6 magnets stuck on. Mine didn't last very long before the magnets lost their stick on the tray side (they stuck to the keyboard and trackpad fine). I think I may have finally just thrown it away ... it was the worst tray of that kind I have tried.

The Magic Wand works much better for me ... but my favorite is the "Clique" from Henge Docks:

http://hengedocks.com/order_clique.php

I would buy either of those over the "Magic Connector".

Well, I don't want to ruin them but I do want them to know you don't ignore people it makes them feel bad the clique you can only position the trackpad on one side, huge design floor. God I have had a by keyboard and track for ages and they are pretty much useless without a connector!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.