Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:53 AM   #1
furycd001
macrumors member

iWeb & windows web browsers...

HI

Whenever I have a piece of text with a background & custom font in iWeb. Instead of including the font I usually just put a shadow so that it's drawn as an image on all other browsers. What I have noticed is that Internet explorer & a few other browsers on windows seem to draw funny lines through & around these text / images. I've tested on several mac & Linux browsers with no problems, just whenever ive tested on windows have I noticed this problem !! Has anyone else noticed this behaviour :?
furycd001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:49 PM   #2
grizfan
macrumors member

What version of IE were you testing in? Internet Explorer is notorious for doing a poor job of rendering valid code, though more recent versions (9 and 10) are an improvement.

Also, there could be an issue with specifying a font that is available on OS X but not in Windows.
grizfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:32 AM   #3
furycd001
macrumors member

I've tested in 8, 9 & 10 along with other browsers such as opera & Avant etc etc. I'm not actually specifying a font. I'm using a shadow behind all text so that if another computer doesn't have the font I've used then the text will automatically be drawn as an image on the current page.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:37 PM   #4
grizfan
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furycd001 View Post
I've tested in 8, 9 & 10 along with other browsers such as opera & Avant etc etc. I'm not actually specifying a font. I'm using a shadow behind all text so that if another computer doesn't have the font I've used then the text will automatically be drawn as an image on the current page.
Hmmmm... I would have to see the page in question to see what's going on. Can you provide a link, either in this thread or by private message?
grizfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:54 AM   #5
furycd001
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizfan View Post
Hmmmm... I would have to see the page in question to see what's going on. Can you provide a link, either in this thread or by private message?
http://www.jonnybowes.co.uk/home6.html -: Look at Jonnybowes in the orange rectangle at top...

http://www.jonnybowes.co.uk/home7.html -: Look at links home, design, projects etc etc...

Just using those 2 pages as examples, but it happens on any page with links the same as on those pages.

[ 13" MacBook, 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, Ver 10.9.2 | Ipod classic | iPod touch | Iphone 4, 16 GB, Black ]

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development