Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:59 AM   #1
mentholiptus
macrumors regular

Where is Logic Pro X?

No rumors on Logic Pro X? I've already googled and seen most of the fake leaks, etc. I know that Xavier dude said they're working hard on it, but otherwise is there really no other scoop on this?

I know Logic 9 works fine. I use it and love it...but we're going on 4 years here without a major update (and don't tell me about 64bit in 9.1). This app usually only went 2 years between major revisions, so we have to be close, right??

If we're getting close, I would imagine someone out there has their hands on it. I've heard enough about iPhones. We all know we'll have an iPhone 5s within 9 months, so bring me some scoop on the pro app that hasn't had a major revision in 4 years.

And considering it's been 4 years...I'm guessing this update will be quite substantial. I'm excited.
mentholiptus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:06 AM   #2
thejadedmonkey
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thejadedmonkey
My guess? Apple doesn't want to alienate the pro music producers like they did video editors.
experience comes from bad judgment."
- Mulla Nasrudin
thejadedmonkey is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:53 PM   #3
HMI
macrumors 6502a

It is on the next Mac Pro......or the one after that!
HMI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 06:32 AM   #4
mentholiptus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMI View Post
It is on the next Mac Pro......or the one after that!
NO! No.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:14 PM   #5
smallvillee
macrumors newbie

I mean there is alot of speculation out there but no major update in more than 4 years is way off. And thats a fact... So yeah im a bit concerned about that.
smallvillee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:24 PM   #6
trigonometry
macrumors 6502

I agree. Apple has really been lacking with it's pro apps and updates. I know they are probably stretched thin but Compressor looks a mess on my rMBP. I've noticed Apples' releases have become scattershot during the Cook era. Examples, the Lion preview, iPad 4, and 128 GB iPad. So I think it could be released any day now. Or never.
trigonometry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 09:40 AM   #7
mentholiptus
macrumors regular

So, I can't believe I hadn't seen this one, but Apple done got themselves a patent on melodyne like polyphonic note detection:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...g-to-logic-pro

AND, much like the Universal Audio plugins I've been drooling over lately, Logic's own compressor already sort of emulates classic compressors (I knew it mimicked different types of compressors, but didn't realize it was this specific)

http://kosmonavtstudio.com/kombinat/...circuit-types/

But who knows if they accurately MODEL the hardware they're based on...

It'd be so awesome if the bulk of their plugins were to get an amp designer/pedalboard like refresh...and accurately emulate the classic hardware that this software is intended to replicate. I'd really flip if there were also some sort of tape machine emulation. Something big is coming! After all the tweaking from v5-v8, v10 will probably be huge...especially considering all the time they've put into it.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:58 PM   #8
Ploki
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentholiptus View Post
So, I can't believe I hadn't seen this one, but Apple done got themselves a patent on melodyne like polyphonic note detection:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...g-to-logic-pro

AND, much like the Universal Audio plugins I've been drooling over lately, Logic's own compressor already sort of emulates classic compressors (I knew it mimicked different types of compressors, but didn't realize it was this specific)

http://kosmonavtstudio.com/kombinat/...circuit-types/

But who knows if they accurately MODEL the hardware they're based on...

It'd be so awesome if the bulk of their plugins were to get an amp designer/pedalboard like refresh...and accurately emulate the classic hardware that this software is intended to replicate. I'd really flip if there were also some sort of tape machine emulation. Something big is coming! After all the tweaking from v5-v8, v10 will probably be huge...especially considering all the time they've put into it.
Why the **** was this not on MacRumors frontpage!?

GREAT FIND, its giving us hope.
Ploki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 04:21 PM   #9
JordAtmospheres
macrumors newbie

I don't know if anyone's heard this but there was a Roland Synthesis Expo at Huddersfield in England a few months back. One of the tech guys basically let slip that Roland and a number of other companies were working together on a replacement/advancement for MIDI.

This may be something that may feature if developed...
JordAtmospheres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 01:31 AM   #10
aswink
macrumors newbie

Logic X Facebook Page?

Logic X facebook page? It was created on 6/4/13...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Logic...59224874164912
aswink is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 06:20 PM   #11
mentholiptus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswink View Post
Logic X facebook page? It was created on 6/4/13...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Logic...59224874164912
Nice find. Just liked it. Lets hope... :P

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store