Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1
erin330
macrumors newbie

New iMac - downloads not working

I was helping my dad set up his new 27" iMac this weekend, and we hit a problem. The software updates would start to download, and then have an error message. Also, other downloads intermittently would and wouldn't work. Those would download but not unzip, saying the file was corrupt. Then others would download with no problem.

I spent over an hour chatting with Apple support, and could not get this resolved. I ended up having to record my error with some software, which was then going to get sent to an engineer. So I'm hoping they figure it out. Otherwise, I guess it will need to be exchanged?

Just curious, anyone else experience this?
erin330 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:17 AM   #2
Ciclismo
macrumors 6502a

Hi - you might want to post this in the OS X forum, as this is more likely a software issue.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:40 AM   #3
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin330 View Post
I was helping my dad set up his new 27" iMac this weekend, and we hit a problem. The software updates would start to download, and then have an error message. Also, other downloads intermittently would and wouldn't work. Those would download but not unzip, saying the file was corrupt. Then others would download with no problem.

I spent over an hour chatting with Apple support, and could not get this resolved. I ended up having to record my error with some software, which was then going to get sent to an engineer. So I'm hoping they figure it out. Otherwise, I guess it will need to be exchanged?

Just curious, anyone else experience this?
My first and last thought is the Internet Service Provider and/or the local connection.

Did you do any diagnostics/troubleshooting on the network connection?

Did you run any download tests with another computer?

Was the iMac connected with the RJ45 or was it connected WiFi?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac