Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kraad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Like the title says, i "accdiently" got rid of the Mac and Recovery partitions... so now i'm left with Windows 7 only.

I'm using late 2011 MacBok Pro 13"

Any suggestions how can i get Mac Os back?(Doesnt matter witch version):apple:

I've got 8GB USB-stick and just dropped Mac Os x Lion on it and when Booted up, pressed ALT - shows only windows partition.

I also did the CMD + ALT + P + R but it just keeps restarting.

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Like the title says, i "accdiently" got rid of the Mac and Recovery partitions... so now i'm left with Windows 7 only.

I'm using late 2011 MacBok Pro 13"

Any suggestions how can i get Mac Os back?(Doesnt matter witch version):apple:

I've got 8GB USB-stick and just dropped Mac Os x Lion on it and when Booted up, pressed ALT - shows only windows partition.

I also did the CMD + ALT + P + R but it just keeps restarting.

When you say you dropped Lion onto the USB did you correctly set-up the USB to be used as a Lion installer?

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/07/how-to-create-a-bootable-backup-mountain-lion-install-disk/

Once booted to this USB then you can open up disk utility and play around again with your partitions.

Holmes093

MJL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Some rambling ( have not the energy to make it too tidy)....

Don't know how you did this "accidently", only thing I can think off is that you tried to fiddle with the windows partition which screws around with the partition tables.

I hope you do have a Time Machine backup on some external storage. If so then you can restore that onto another external storage.

If that is the case (boot from other external OS X) then you can use Winclone to make a partition backup of Windows which can be restored on another partition.

Once that has been done you can use the time machine to restore OS X, afterwards make a new windows partition using bootcamp manager (no need to install windows) and subsequently restore with Winclone your windows backup.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.