Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1
macnerd93
macrumors 6502a

Downgrade Aperture 3 Library to work with Aperture 2.0?

Hello,

Just a quick question is there any way to downgrade Aperture libraries between Aperture version 3 & version 2 or will I have to do it manually copying sub folders and what not?

I am asking because I use Aperture 3 on my 21.5'' iMac, but have just bought a dual Power Mac G5 and wanted to be able to access all my photography on the G5 and the G5 is only compatible with Aperture 1-2.

Hope someone can help,

thanks a lot
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:55 PM   #2
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnerd93 View Post
Hello,

Just a quick question is there any way to downgrade Aperture libraries between Aperture version 3 & version 2 or will I have to do it manually copying sub folders and what not?

I am asking because I use Aperture 3 on my 21.5'' iMac, but have just bought a dual Power Mac G5 and wanted to be able to access all my photography on the G5 and the G5 is only compatible with Aperture 1-2.

Hope someone can help,

thanks a lot
Right click, show package contents, masters...

Point aperture at those, like everything in the apple world you cannot go backwards with out pain..

Never keep anything in proprietary apple formats!
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:44 PM   #3
macnerd93
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post
Right click, show package contents, masters...

Point aperture at those, like everything in the apple world you cannot go backwards with out pain..

Never keep anything in proprietary apple formats!
Thanks for that. Yeah I imagined that would be the only method, with Aperture 3 using a totally different library structure compared to 1 & 2

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs