Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MustangGT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Hi all,

I am trying to play Eduke32 on my new iMac. (I just purchased the machine a couple of days ago, and am a novice in OS X).

Anyhow, I understand that I need a legal copy of Duke Nukem 3D game in order to play Eduke32. Setting aside the ancient versions I have on CD for DOS, I decided to purchase a copy from GOG. Investment of $5.99 didn't seem to high to get rid of the dependency on optical disks.

Anyhow, now I have Duke Nukem 3D from GOG, which plays, but Eduke32 does not - complaining it can't find DUKE3D.GRP file. I simply can not find this file in the copy I got from GOG :confused:

Can anybody please help?

Cheers

GT

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Right click the Duke file you got from GOG, and select "Show Package Contents" from the menu that pops up. If, for some reason, you didn't immediately enable right-clicking when you powered on your iMac for the first time, you can "option click" the file instead.

Anyway, once you are inside the finder window displaying the internals of the GOG Duke package, hunt around until you find the goods. They are in there. Once you find them, move them / copy them outside to your desktop or whatever, then put them into the location eduke32 advises.

" . . . and I'm all out of gum!"

MustangGT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Right click the Duke file you got from GOG, and select "Show Package Contents" from the menu that pops up.

Well, I have the new Apple mouse, I forgot how it is called (Magic, I think), but it has only one button covering the entire surface.

If, for some reason, you didn't immediately enable right-clicking when you powered on your iMac for the first time, you can "option click" the file instead.

What is "option click"? I assume it is holding down the "option" key, while clicking with the only mouse button I have, isn't it? That doesn't give the additional menu, just makes the file name editable, or if I keep "option" key pressed and double click, it launches the installer again.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
It's control-click to emulate right button mouse click :) also you can enable right click for your mouse from the system preferences. You right click with the magic mouse by taking off your index finger and clicking with a finger on the right side. But it has to be enabled from the mouse settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.