Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:49 PM   #1
unagimiyagi
macrumors 6502

Lost my supposedly permanent unlock iphone 5--ideas?

Hi,
I purchased a factory unlock from ebay, and it worked. I just upgraded to ios 6.1 and jailbroke. Now I have the sim card not valid error, and I put in my at&T sim, and things are fine. But I use T-mobile and that sim card is no longer valid. I assume this means that I've lost my allegedly permanent unlock. I thought my # is in the AT&T database, so how did this happen?

Any insight would be appreciated.
unagimiyagi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:38 AM   #2
chargit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by unagimiyagi View Post
Hi,
I purchased a factory unlock from ebay, and it worked. I just upgraded to ios 6.1 and jailbroke. Now I have the sim card not valid error, and I put in my at&T sim, and things are fine. But I use T-mobile and that sim card is no longer valid. I assume this means that I've lost my allegedly permanent unlock. I thought my # is in the AT&T database, so how did this happen?

Any insight would be appreciated.
what is your imei# I will check it for you to see if it is unlocked. you can pm me if you want
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:48 PM   #3
unagimiyagi
macrumors 6502

Hi thanks. I think that somehow I did lose my unlock, b/c I just bought another code and it works again.

This is weird--I either bought from the wrong ebayer, or erasing the phone, putting ios 6.1, and jailbreaking, which I did, had erased the unlock.
unagimiyagi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:49 PM   #4
chargit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by unagimiyagi View Post
Hi thanks. I think that somehow I did lose my unlock, b/c I just bought another code and it works again.

This is weird--I either bought from the wrong ebayer, or erasing the phone, putting ios 6.1, and jailbreaking, which I did, had erased the unlock.
if it was truly factory unlocked nothing you did erased it. there are a lot of scams on eBay so there is no telling what happened.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting