Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

iPad 2 or Mini

hello, I have been looking to pull the plug on an iPad mini 16GB wifi, but today saw an offer on kijiji for an iPad 2 in good condition 32GB wifi for 350$, is it a good deal ?

Like it has the same processors and ram as the mini so was thinking won't it be good ?

PS-was considering mini purely for the price tag not because of the size or weight criteria.

And now a 32GB 300$ version comes up ? Is it a better deal than a new mini ? The game handling and other processor and ram capabilities must be the same right.

Last edited by AnorexicPig; Feb 4, 2013 at 07:55 PM.
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:06 PM   #2
raccoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Ipad mini is simply Ipad 2 in shrink mode.

Its lighter and thinner as well. Im also having doubt of whether i should give up my Ipad 2 and get a mini. I can't really use it in bed without the sitting up position and holding it with my tummy. Im also reluctant to play many games that required holding it for a long time as well. Mini might be a good choice and i can do all the web browsing on my Laptop anyway.

The only concern, the mini glass is like half as thin. Im not sure it would be as durable as the fullsize.
raccoonboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:12 PM   #3
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
Ipad mini is simply Ipad 2 in shrink mode.

Its lighter and thinner as well. Im also having doubt of whether i should give up my Ipad 2 and get a mini. I can't really use it in bed without the sitting up position and holding it with my tummy. Im also reluctant to play many games that required holding it for a long time as well. Mini might be a good choice and i can do all the web browsing on my Laptop anyway.

The only concern, the mini glass is like half as thin. Im not sure it would be as durable as the fullsize.
Yeah,that's true,but one thing I noticed now is iPad 2 has VGA resolution front camera,mini has 1.2 mp,will that make a significant difference when using facetime-decisions decisions .

Kind of hesitant in buying a used product,sometimes feel spending 329+taxes and getting peace of mind is better :/.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Cody3133
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicPig View Post
Yeah,that's true,but one thing I noticed now is iPad 2 has VGA resolution front camera,mini has 1.2 mp,will that make a significant difference when using facetime-decisions decisions .

Kind of hesitant in buying a used product,sometimes feel spending 329+taxes and getting peace of mind is better :/.
Vga back camera too and the mini has a 5mp
Cody3133 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:27 PM   #5
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody3133 View Post
Vga back camera too and the mini has a 5mp
I dont really be using the back camera ever I think,but yes the front being VGA is a bummer.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:34 PM   #6
raccoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicPig View Post

I never ever really use the camera on my Ipad 2 because of its size, the resolution and i dont use video calling or skype.

Mini has a better front and back cam. If you just want to facetime, 16 GB 329USD might be enough but if you take picture and record video. U might have to spend more for 32GB.
raccoonboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:37 PM   #7
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
I never ever really use the camera on my Ipad 2 because of its size, the resolution and i dont use video calling or skype.

Mini has a better front and back cam. If you just want to facetime, 16 GB 329USD might be enough but if you take picture and record video. U might have to spend more for 32GB.
16 will do fine,I hardly fill up my devices lol,just the 'used' product thing is left-to buy new or used,are the savings worth it,does battery life really degrade over time.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:20 PM   #8
TyPod
macrumors 68000

Personally I would go with an iPad mini. Lightning connector, better cameras, and I like the size and form factor much better.
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad