Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1
phased
macrumors member

Adobe Acrobat Thumbnail Issues - Why No Preview?

I recently changed my default PDF application to Adobe Acrobat Pro instead of Apple Preview (it renders my vector drawings better than Preview does).

But now in Finder instead of the thumbnails showing a preview of the particular PDF, I'm stuck with generic Acrobat thumbnails (see attached). I've looked through the preferences in Acrobat but can't seem to find the solution.

I am missing something here? Is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Thom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 1.24.33 PM.png
Views:	38
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	394543  
phased is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:28 PM   #2
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by phased View Post
I recently changed my default PDF application to Adobe Acrobat Pro instead of Apple Preview (it renders my vector drawings better than Preview does).

But now in Finder instead of the thumbnails showing a preview of the particular PDF, I'm stuck with generic Acrobat thumbnails (see attached). I've looked through the preferences in Acrobat but can't seem to find the solution.

I am missing something here? Is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Thom.
Have you tried going into the folder that holds them and right clicking, then hit View, As Icons?
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:00 AM   #3
phased
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedept View Post
Have you tried going into the folder that holds them and right clicking, then hit View, As Icons?
Ahh yes, that's what it's currently set to. They're indeed icons, but not icons showing previews of the documents within. See attachment above.
phased is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:53 AM   #4
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by phased View Post
Ahh yes, that's what it's currently set to. They're indeed icons, but not icons showing previews of the documents within. See attachment above.
Ah yes, but icon view should create a thumbnail image. Not quite sure why it is not doing it for you. Below is a screenshot of my settings and the thumbnail preview that shows in my finder. Wish I could have helped further.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 6.50.38 AM.png
Views:	113
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	394612  
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:58 AM   #5
DUCKofD3ATH
macrumors regular

You didn't mention if the PDFs were downloaded from the internet, but if they were, check out this recent Macworld article:

Bugs & Fixes: PDFs saved from the web fail to open
http://www.macworld.com/article/2027...l-to-open.html
DUCKofD3ATH is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store