Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phased

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I recently changed my default PDF application to Adobe Acrobat Pro instead of Apple Preview (it renders my vector drawings better than Preview does).

But now in Finder instead of the thumbnails showing a preview of the particular PDF, I'm stuck with generic Acrobat thumbnails (see attached). I've looked through the preferences in Acrobat but can't seem to find the solution.

I am missing something here? Is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Thom.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 1.24.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 1.24.33 PM.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 279

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I recently changed my default PDF application to Adobe Acrobat Pro instead of Apple Preview (it renders my vector drawings better than Preview does).

But now in Finder instead of the thumbnails showing a preview of the particular PDF, I'm stuck with generic Acrobat thumbnails (see attached). I've looked through the preferences in Acrobat but can't seem to find the solution.

I am missing something here? Is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Thom.

Have you tried going into the folder that holds them and right clicking, then hit View, As Icons?

phased

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Have you tried going into the folder that holds them and right clicking, then hit View, As Icons?

Ahh yes, that's what it's currently set to. They're indeed icons, but not icons showing previews of the documents within. See attachment above.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Ahh yes, that's what it's currently set to. They're indeed icons, but not icons showing previews of the documents within. See attachment above.

Ah yes, but icon view should create a thumbnail image. Not quite sure why it is not doing it for you. Below is a screenshot of my settings and the thumbnail preview that shows in my finder. Wish I could have helped further.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 6.50.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 6.50.38 AM.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 332
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.