Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:39 PM   #1
piatti
macrumors 6502a

Having trouble with Spotflux, an IP address changing program

For Mac, It works fine on one user account but doesn't connect on the other.

For Windows,

I installed and started using it, but thought that it wasn't working because it kept saying something to the effect "connecting...(in the process of connecting to a server)" when I pressed the 'enable' button. And the Internet started to lag horrendously. So I closed the program with Task Manager.

It worked when I thought I closed it with Task Manager, (internet lagged a bit, but not as much as before) IP was changed), and I couldn't see SpotFlux in dock so I was scrambling to find the program to tinker with it but when I searched it in my Pokki (Windows 8 starter menu ) it only catched "Start Spotflux" which I guess starts the program from the start all over again (the message "would you like to give permission for this program to make changes" pops up). And then it had OpenVPN error (1) but still works (IP is changed, it's a bit faster than before but still slow)

But when I minimized it it disappeared from the dock and the icon, but my IP is still changed all the same, but I can't click the enable/disable button to change my IP address or turn off to start torrenting again (torrenting doesn't work while this program is on).
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:49 AM   #2
joeycool
macrumors member

Maybe you could try http://ipaddresshq.com/hidemyass-sof...t-anonymously/ If its a an IP address changing program your after not to sure how good Spotflux is....
joeycool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:33 AM   #3
piatti
macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestion. Is that free?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store