Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Ralphalph
macrumors member

Remote Backup to Time Capsule

Since Apple has restored remote access to time capsules once offered by MobileMe, is there a way to backup to my time capsule remotely?

I use my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.8.2 at work, while I back up to my time capsule at home. I do not bring the laptop home every night, and most times when I do it is solely to backup. I am able to remotely connect to my time capsule, and access the files thereon, but Time Machine does not appear to see the disk. Does anyone have any tips on how to make this work?

Thanks!
Ralphalph is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:26 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

I can't help you with the Time Capsule remotely, although I don't think you can. You should however look into something like CrashPlan+ so your laptop is always being backed up no matter where it is. I use CP+ at home and absolutely love it.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:32 AM   #3
jblongz
macrumors Demi-God

I've been using Crashplan+ Family for two years. It has come to my rescue several times. I still wonder if Apple is working on an efficient method of remote Time Capsule access. I pay ~$127/yr for Unlimited storage (using about 5TB), and I'm thinking I'd save in the long term with a few modded Capsules running 4TB drives. But until there is a solid (supported) remote access, nothing beats CrashPlan+.
jblongz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Tags
backup, remote backup, time capsule remote