Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Axmann
macrumors member

Backlight Bleeding: Flawless screen possible?

So, I'm on my 2nd iPad (4th Gen, 64gb Wifi Black), and I'm still finding backlight bleeds. This is better, but it's definitely there. There's also a very very small incontinuity on the aluminum siding on the top right, but of course I keep paying attention to it.

What should I do? I have Applecare+, so should I just go to an Apple store and have them test for bleeding until I get one that is perfect?

I mean, the device did cost $700 dollars.
Axmann is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Rodster
macrumors 68030

Yes there is such a thing as the flawless screen. Usually you can find them as demo machines at the Apple retail store. The bigger question is how much time and aggregation do you want to spend finding the perfect screen?

My iPad 2 has slight backlight bleed, my iPad 3 has no backlight bleed. It's only visible in low lighting and on power up. Once the screen is on I don't see it.

Keep in mind that Apple is using numerous vendors for their display panels. At one point they were getting their bulk from Samsung. Typically Samsung panels are the ones with the better display characteristics.
Rodster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:13 AM   #3
cruzmisl
macrumors regular

You could get a screen with strong pink tint, yellow tint, uneven yellow tint, uneven pink tint, yellow blotches dust under the screen, loose home button, scratched aluminum, etc.

Minor bleed is really nothing to worry about IMO.
cruzmisl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad