Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:21 AM   #1
rMBP13
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Dual screen capability?

Wouldnt be neat if Apple does an iOS upgrade to allow users to open 2 apps simultaneously side-by-side? I would definitely find a use for having 2 screens opened at the same time. For example, having Safari opened as well as Pages at the same time!
rMBP13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Tylercr16
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I would love this feature! I find myself constantly having to switch between multiple apps when doing quick research for an essay.
Tylercr16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:50 PM   #3
token787
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Android's Note has this feature and it's awesome. Hope Apple input this soon for the iPad.
token787 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:07 AM   #4
rMBP13
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I really can't wait for this feature to be added in iOS 7 or 8 updates in the future
rMBP13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:26 AM   #5
Mike Oxard
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rMBP13 View Post
Wouldnt be neat if Apple does an iOS upgrade to allow users to open 2 apps simultaneously side-by-side? I would definitely find a use for having 2 screens opened at the same time. For example, having Safari opened as well as Pages at the same time!
I think the screens too small to have two apps open at the same time and be really useful. If I need to access safari and pages at the same time I find using a 4 finger swipe sideways to switch between the apps is a pretty fast way to do it.
Mike Oxard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:53 AM   #6
jojoba
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I'd really like this feature, too.
__________________
Macademise your research.
My photography blog. Flickr.
jojoba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:48 AM   #7
iHEGGSY
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Jailbreak and download the Quasar tweak
iHEGGSY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:09 AM   #8
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHEGGSY View Post
Jailbreak and download the Quasar tweak
I've enjoyed Quasar immensly, just the ability to watch hulu while surfing is great. The Retina screen really helps with the scaled down type. On a side note, when the ipad first came out I thought that we would be able to run more than one Phone app on the same screen instead of having the single ohone app centered.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:16 AM   #9
iHEGGSY
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
I've enjoyed Quasar immensly, just the ability to watch hulu while surfing is great. The Retina screen really helps with the scaled down type. On a side note, when the ipad first came out I thought that we would be able to run more than one Phone app on the same screen instead of having the single ohone app centered.
It's a fantastic app, it does cost 10 or $10 for you US boys

But for what I want it to do, it's worth every penny
iHEGGSY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:23 AM   #10
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHEGGSY View Post
It's a fantastic app, it does cost 10 or $10 for you US boys

But for what I want it to do, it's worth every penny
I bought it early on and IRC it was around $5. I have gotten the asking price's worth of enjoyment out of it.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:53 PM   #11
rMBP13
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I'm super jealous....

http://www.soyacincau.com/2012/10/06...-view-enabled/
rMBP13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:00 PM   #12
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rMBP13 View Post
I'm super jealous....
What an ugly OS. Why would it need to have duplicate notification bars?
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:33 PM   #13
iThinkergoiMac
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Terra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxard View Post
I think the screens too small to have two apps open at the same time and be really useful. If I need to access safari and pages at the same time I find using a 4 finger swipe sideways to switch between the apps is a pretty fast way to do it.
On the retina iPads, I don't think this would be an issue. Things would get smaller, but they wouldn't really lose significant resolution.
__________________
13" 2009 MBP, 2.26 GHz C2D, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD; 2.2 GHz C2D MB, 6 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD; 32 GB iPod Touch 3G
-FWIW, my handle is iThink_ergo_iMac. There seems to be some confusion on this issue.-
iThinkergoiMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:36 PM   #14
brand
macrumors 68040
 
brand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 127.0.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iThinkergoiMac View Post
On the retina iPads, I don't think this would be an issue. Things would get smaller, but they wouldn't really lose significant resolution.
They retina display would prevent things from loosing clarity but things would still loose resolution as they got smaller.
brand is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:36 PM   #15
iThinkergoiMac
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Terra
Quote:
Originally Posted by brand View Post
They retina display would prevent things from loosing clarity but things would still loose resolution as they got smaller.
You're right. That's what I was attempting to convey, but I worded it poorly.
__________________
13" 2009 MBP, 2.26 GHz C2D, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD; 2.2 GHz C2D MB, 6 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD; 32 GB iPod Touch 3G
-FWIW, my handle is iThink_ergo_iMac. There seems to be some confusion on this issue.-
iThinkergoiMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:07 PM   #16
rMBP13
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Really hope to see this in iOS7, please Apple......
rMBP13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:28 PM   #17
brand
macrumors 68040
 
brand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 127.0.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rMBP13 View Post
Really hope to see this in iOS7, please Apple......
You already said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors Rules
Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent. See why and how to avoid bumping.
brand is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dual screen full screen output wolrabn OS X Mavericks (10.9) 3 Mar 10, 2014 03:26 PM
Dual Screen vs Single Screen Setup -BigMac- Mac Pro 33 Jul 22, 2013 07:04 AM
Dual screen issues jimcameron iMac 1 Sep 6, 2012 11:55 AM
AirPlay Screen Mirror. What About Dual Screen? jason.siegel OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 1 Jul 29, 2012 01:49 PM
Dual Screen-Sleep Laptop Screen Gone ibis99 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 0 Jul 29, 2012 11:04 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC