Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:36 AM   #1
cjwade2009
macrumors newbie

iPad wont accept movies from iTunes

I have recently added some movies to iTunes. They were ripped from DVD using MACX DVD Ripper and saved as both M4V and MP4.

I can play these movies no problem on my Mac however when i try and load them onto my iPad2, the iPad2 doesn't seem to recognise them.

The box gets ticked no problems, but the memory usage bar does not move nor does the movie get added to the iPad2.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am running the latest iTunes software and have the latest iPad2 software.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance.
cjwade2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:19 PM   #2
New2012MacForMe
macrumors member

I always had issues with playing movie files on the iPad through the built in video player due to file formats, etc.

In the end I solved the problem by purchasing a video playback program called GoodPlayer. There are probably many other ones out there that work as well. This one was 2 or 3 dollars. You can playback any file type - no need to convert. You can use iTunes to upload the movies into the program, or you can use the built in functionality of the program to download the movie file from a shared location on your home network.

It works great. You might want to give it a try.
New2012MacForMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:34 AM   #3
Corax
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to Corax
You bought software to rip DVD's while there is open source software like 'Handbrake' that you can download for free?
I have very very good experiences with Handbrake. Amazing fast software, encodes many DVD's without a hassle, with easy selected pre-setups for your goal device.
Development is very active and it has a great community!

Check it out: http://handbrake.fr
Corax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:53 PM   #4
Ecoh
macrumors 6502a

I had the exact same problems a few weeks ago. I ended up deleting the problem movies from iTunes and ripping the DVD again. The new files ran on my computer and iPad.
Ecoh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad