Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 5, 2013, 07:03 AM   #1
bazzie66
macrumors newbie

Ip[hone 3gs white screen

Hi
I have an iphone 3gs. It had a cracked screen. So I bought a new glass screen/digitiser, and succesfully replaced the screen.
Updated the ios to 6 in Itunes, and everything was working fine, except for the ringer speaker wasn't working (only sound was through the headphones).
So I opened the phone back up to check all cables/connectors were all correct and everything seemed fine.
Booted th ephone back up, and now i just have a white screen. Itunes still sees the phone, and i can sync, restore etc.
Any ideas?
bazzie66 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:34 AM   #2
chargit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzie66 View Post
Hi
I have an iphone 3gs. It had a cracked screen. So I bought a new glass screen/digitiser, and succesfully replaced the screen.
Updated the ios to 6 in Itunes, and everything was working fine, except for the ringer speaker wasn't working (only sound was through the headphones).
So I opened the phone back up to check all cables/connectors were all correct and everything seemed fine.
Booted th ephone back up, and now i just have a white screen. Itunes still sees the phone, and i can sync, restore etc.
Any ideas?
press and hold the home button and the lock button until you see the apple logo. sometimes this will reset it. but your speaker went out because most likely you did not power down your phone before you changed the screen. so when you plugged it back in it was on and it blew your proximity sensor. its and easy fix but not if you dont have experience.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting