Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bazzie66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Hi
I have an iphone 3gs. It had a cracked screen. So I bought a new glass screen/digitiser, and succesfully replaced the screen.
Updated the ios to 6 in Itunes, and everything was working fine, except for the ringer speaker wasn't working (only sound was through the headphones).
So I opened the phone back up to check all cables/connectors were all correct and everything seemed fine.
Booted th ephone back up, and now i just have a white screen. Itunes still sees the phone, and i can sync, restore etc.
Any ideas?
:)

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
Hi
I have an iphone 3gs. It had a cracked screen. So I bought a new glass screen/digitiser, and succesfully replaced the screen.
Updated the ios to 6 in Itunes, and everything was working fine, except for the ringer speaker wasn't working (only sound was through the headphones).
So I opened the phone back up to check all cables/connectors were all correct and everything seemed fine.
Booted th ephone back up, and now i just have a white screen. Itunes still sees the phone, and i can sync, restore etc.
Any ideas?
:)

press and hold the home button and the lock button until you see the apple logo. sometimes this will reset it. but your speaker went out because most likely you did not power down your phone before you changed the screen. so when you plugged it back in it was on and it blew your proximity sensor. its and easy fix but not if you dont have experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.